Known at the Lesher House on the grounds of the Stuhr Museum of the Prairie Pioneer in Grand Island, Nebraska. This home was built in 1883 and is a fine example of Victorian architecture. It was originally located on 2nd street in the residential section of town but has since been relocated to the museum's Railroad Town.
The cupola appears to be decorative, but it is part of the house's natural air conditioning. By opening windows in the cupola it acts as a chimney and draws the warm air out of the home.
ABC Group "G is for Golden" 11.15.18
Copyright 2016 Susan Rissi Tregoning
October 26th, 2016
Viewed 3,627 Times - Last Visitor from New York, NY on 02/29/2024 at 12:56 PM