The historic Beeson family cabin is almost hidden by the lush foliage of summer at Billie Creek Village.
The Beeson family cabin, built in 1835, was moved to the Billie Creek Village living history museum in Rockville, Indiana, in 1969. Ever since the Beeson Covered Bridge was moved to the village in 1980, the cabin and bridge are together again, just like they were on the Beeson’s property for over 100 years.
The village is home to three of Parke County’s 31 covered bridges. Parke County, Indiana, known as the “Covered Bridge Capitol of America” has more covered bridges than any other county in the United States.
Copyright 2023 Susan Rissi Tregoning
February 9th, 2023
Viewed 2,094 Times - Last Visitor from New York, NY on 12/01/2023 at 11:56 PM