The Cana Island Lighthouse sits on a triangular-shaped 9-acre island just northeast of Baileys Harbor. Sometimes flood by the fluctuating level of Lake Michigan, a three-hundred-foot-long rocky natural causeway is all that links Cana Island to the mainland.
The lighthouse is a majestic white 89-foot tall tower with a small, attached brick keeper's dwelling. Constructed in 1869, it closely resembles the mental image most visitors have of a lighthouse.
It is one of the most illustrated and visited lighthouses in Door County.
Copyright 2016 Susan Rissi Tregoning
July 1st, 2016
Viewed 799 Times - Last Visitor from Shenzhen, 30 - China on 10/05/2022 at 8:07 AM