The Duluth South Breakwater Outer Light as the pinks and purples of a magnificent sunset fades from the sky.
The Outer Light is one of three lighthouses on the Ship Canal in Duluth, Minnesota. It was constructed in 1874 and first lit in 1901. It is characteristic of early 20th Century harbor breakwater lights built around the Great Lakes. Duluth’s Outer Light was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2016.
Copyright 2021 Susan Rissi Tregoning
March 15th, 2021
Viewed 2,425 Times - Last Visitor from New York, NY on 12/10/2023 at 11:02 PM