Lincoln's Haymarket Street Clock - Lincoln Nebraska
Susan Rissi Tregoning
Photograph - Photography
She may not be old, but she's a beauty. This green street clock located at the intersection of Seventh and Q streets in the historic Haymarket District of downtown Lincoln, Nebraska was new when donated to the city in 2013.
Lincoln Station in the background, once known as the Burlington Northern Depot, was Lincoln's passenger and freight hub. Constructed in 1927, this Neo-classical Revival styled depot is the third depot to be built on the site.
Today, the Haymarket District is the place to go for restaurants and entertainment.
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2014, the historic Haymarket District was Lincoln's commerce and transportation hub from 1881 – 1944. Most of the warehouses date from 1880 to the 1920s and are significant for showing the period's evolution of architectural style.
Copyright 2021 Susan Rissi Tregoning
June 25th, 2021
Viewed 207 Times - Last Visitor from Warrington, P2 - United Kingdom on 10/06/2022 at 8:38 AM