This beautiful historic landmark located in The Old Market District of Omaha, Nebraska, is the Anheuser Busch Beer Depot.
Anheuser-Busch Beer of St Louis had a distribution complex on this spot in 1887. This office building, designed by Henry Voss in the Romanesque Revival architectural style, is all that remains of the four-building complex.
The complex was originally Krug Brewery. The largest brewery of Omaha’s original “Big 4” brewers. Anheuser-Busch bought Krug and took over the facility. Once covering more than a city block, the complex included a stable, bottling department, a combination beer vault and ice house, and this office building.
Anheuser-Busch had a refrigeration capacity equivalent to 10 rail cars of beer! They employed 16 men and had six teams of horses for delivery.
Prohibition put an end to the beer business. Anheuser Busch closed the complex in 1919.
Copyright 2021 Susan Rissi Tregoning
April 19th, 2021
Viewed 301 Times - Last Visitor from Kansas City, MO on 09/23/2022 at 1:23 PM