The historic Illinois Theatre in the Commercial Historic District of Centralia, Illinois.
The Illinois Theatre opened in 1922 as a Vaudeville Theatre, and it showed its first “Talkies” in 1925, making it the first movie house in town.
It operated as a movie house until 2001, when Kerasotes abandoned it. They donated it to the city in 2005. Centralia began renovating the theater in 2007 and plans to use it as a live venue. Still a work in progress, the marquee has been relit, and the entry, restrooms, and mezzanine are nearly complete.
Copyright 2022 Susan Rissi Tregoning
September 9th, 2022
Viewed 64 Times - Last Visitor from Warrington, P2 - United Kingdom on 09/23/2022 at 7:26 PM