Mission San Xavier del Bac is a historic Spanish Catholic mission located just outside of Tucson, Arizona, on the Tohono O'odham San Xavier Indian Reservation. This is the second mission church. The first one was razed by Apaches in 1770. Today's Mission was built between 1783-1797 and is the oldest European structure in Arizona. It is widely considered to be the finest example of Spanish Colonial architecture in the United States.
Copyright 2015 Susan Rissi Tregoning
As seen FEATURED in:
Landscapes & Landmarks 1.2.16
December 31st, 2015
Viewed 1,615 Times - Last Visitor from Phoenix, AZ on 01/28/2023 at 1:29 PM