The Sturgeon Bay Ship Canal Lighthouse sits at the mouth of the Sturgeon Bay Ship Canal in Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin.
The lighthouse was built from 1872 to 1879, with the steel light tower being added in 1899. The Sturgeon Bay ship canal allowed vessels to cut through the Door peninsula instead of using the dangerous Deaths Door passage at the tip of the peninsula.
Copyright 2016 Susan Rissi Tregoning
Wisconsin Flowers & Scenery 6.2.16
June 2nd, 2016
Viewed 6,741 Times - Last Visitor from New York, NY on 03/01/2024 at 10:48 AM