Conley's Ford Bridge over the Big Raccoon Creek is a single-span Burr Arch Truss Bridge. It is constructed out of white pine, whereas the other Parke County covered bridges are made of poplar. Built by J Lawrence Van Fossen in 1906-07, at 212 feet long, it is the world's fourth longest single-span covered bridge.
Conley's Ford Covered Bridge was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1978.
In 1991 when the bridge was re-sided and re-roofed, its "Daniels Portals" were converted to "Britton Portals."
Copyright 2022 Susan Rissi Tregoning
November 9th, 2022
Viewed 118 Times - Last Visitor from New York, NY on 12/02/2022 at 9:27 AM